Links are the magic sauce in website optimisation. Without links the best content in the world will never rank in Google or any other search engine. However there is an art to link building as not just any old link from any website is going to be helpful to rankings. Links from low quality websites will cause a website penalty these can be difficult to get out of, sometimes impossible. High quality links with highly varied anchors are essential.
We offer a full link building service. This includes finding out how many links and what quality you will need to rank in Google. Along side good titles and great content, links are the most important indicators of success on the Internet.
Without links most websites will not rank for their desired keywords in any niche. Inbound anchors from other websites are the currency of the Internet, however Google will devalue those they think should not count – they are getting better at this all the time. While building links a lot of emphasis should be on the trust value of the site you are getting the link from, relevance also helps, but you can see from the credit link of web design companies that this matters less.
There are several ways to get links:
- Guest posts
- Web directories
- Article directories
- Press Releases
- Web 2.0 sites, bookmarking sites
- Your web designer or SEO Consultant
- Business Associates, Suppliers, Customers
- Link Baiting, hard on most business sites
- Local Chambers, Trade Bodies, etc
- Yahoo! Answers, Google Groups, Squidoo, Forums
- Write a blog, Comment on blogs, (don’t spam), Blog Directories
- Have a beautiful design in CSS – CSS directories like CSS Vault
- Reciprocal Links – it is preferable to have the link inside content, but this method is still okay if not over used – less than 10% of over all links.
- Buying / Renting Links – Google hates this and will penalise any site it finds selling links, therefore if you buy from places like pay per post you will eventually lose the equity from that link.
There are directories for everything, if you send out a newsletter add it to the newsletter directories.
Do you give something of value away for free? There are ways to use this to promote your business.
Before any link building is started be sure of your keywords, the words you want your website to rank for.
Do you need more links for your website? If so call for a quote, we would love to hear from you.
How to build links to your website is included in our SEO Training Course.